Sample Preparation is one of the most important steps in the analytical process. The goal is to achieve an homogenous sample or a sub-sample that is representative of the submitted material.
If this is not achieved, then the analytical result can be biased or even meaningless! Therefore Set Point laboratories uses hi-tech crushing and milling equipment, with the sample preparation procedures accredited as separate entities on their own – apart from the analytical procedures.
- Sampling and analysis for plant and product control on minerals beneficiation plants
- Sample preparation of minerals from rock samples to pulps and liquid solutions
- Extended analysis of borehole core mineral samples
- Extended analysis on exploration samples – e.g. on iron, copper, manganese and lime ore samples. (Oxides, sulphides, carbonates and silicates) or concentrated ore samples
- Precious metals, base metals and other trace elements analysis using ICP-OES and XRF
- Fire assay lead collection for analysis of platinum, palladium and gold
- Four acid digestion process for analysis of major, minor, trace and ultra-trace elements using ICP-OES finish
- Borate fusion beads analysis for major and minor elements using XRF finish
- XRF pressed pellets analysis for minor and trace elements
- Powder analysis for major, minor and trace elements